The sisters at the Generalate in Rome, Italy, held the May Crowning of Mary our Mother on Saturday, May 9. The crown for Mary was beautifully handmade by Sr. Mary Maristella Rokosz, who cultivated the flowers in the Generalate garden. Sr. Catalina Marie Batres, celebrating her 25th jubilee of religious life, crowned the Blessed Mother while Sr. Mary Anita Bienia, celebrating 60 years of religious life, carried the crown and assisted with the coronation. Following Mass, the sisters processed outside to the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary singing Cześć Marji (Honor and Glory to Mary).
Serving where needed since 1874
Founded in Poland in 1855, the Felician Sisters are a congregation of women religious inspired by the spiritual ideals of their foundress, Blessed Mary Angela Truszkowska, and Saints Francis of Assisi, Clare of Assisi and Felix of Cantalice. Arriving in North America in 1874 following Blessed Mary Angela’s directive “to serve where needed,” they helped to weave the social service system. Today, the Felician Sisters founded, sponsor or support through the presence of our sisters, more than 40 ministries – all continuing to evolve to meet the needs of the people they serve.