Companions on the Journey
Felician Associates are women and men from many backgrounds, occupations and life experiences, who commit to live the Felician mission, partner with Felician Sisters and carry the Felician charism into the world.
Felician Associates grow in their spiritual life through relationships with the sisters. They pray and serve alongside the sisters, and they bring the core values into all areas of their own lives.
“We got to know many of the sisters and were inspired by their joy, commitment and passion. We have learned how to be spiritually directed by God to serve. I think that’s part of being an associate — the maturity of growth as an adult to be a part of a community, but also to be of service.”Leonard and Mitchie, Pomona, CA
Similar to other spiritual journeys, becoming a Felician Associate means following a path. Throughout this process you will learn, explore, discern, pray and ask questions. You will build connections with the Felician Sisters and learn about Blessed Mary Angela, our foundress. You will also have the opportunity to meet other Felician Associates in your area who will accompany you on this journey.
As you continue on this path, you will share the charism and core values of the Felician Sisters by:
- Taking time to pray and finding opportunities to deepen your faith.
- Valuing community relationships and a simple lifestyle.
- Finding nourishment in the Eucharist.
- Striving for continual personal transformation.
- Serving the marginalized with compassion.
- Being a person of joy and hospitality, facing the future with hope.