On October 10, 2018, joyful voices rang out in Jacmel, Haiti, giving praise to God and asking him to bless the newly constructed Felician mission complex. Mission Co-Directors Sr. Marilyn Marie Minter and Sr. Mary Inga Borko have served Haitian young people, children, and families in need since their arrival in September 2012. The dedication of this facility marks the beginning of a new phase of this Felician ministry of presence.
Serving where needed since 1874
Founded in Poland in 1855, the Felician Sisters are a congregation of women religious inspired by the spiritual ideals of their foundress, Blessed Mary Angela Truszkowska, and Saints Francis of Assisi, Clare of Assisi and Felix of Cantalice. Arriving in North America in 1874 following Blessed Mary Angela’s directive “to serve where needed,” they helped to weave the social service system. Today, the Felician Sisters founded, sponsor or support through the presence of our sisters, more than 40 ministries – all continuing to evolve to meet the needs of the people they serve.