Seeds of Hope Participants
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Seeds of Hope Felician Youth Leadership Conference! Please read the information below to learn more about our program.
WHEN is Seeds of Hope held?
Seeds of Hope 2021 will be held from July 8-14, 2021.
WHY should I attend Seeds of Hope?
Seeds of Hope is a unique leadership program that seeks to empower young women to be leaders in the world today. Benefits of participating in Seeds of Hope include the opportunity to:
- Build your resume. Participants will earn 20+ documented hours of community service and 40 documented hours of leadership training. Students will also have an independent service project to put on their college and job applications.
- Build a network of support. Each participant is matched with a successful professional woman who will act as a mentor for the student for a period of one year.
- Grow spiritually. Daily Mass, exploration of different forms of prayer and meditation, access to women religious and peer mentors and opportunities for Eucharistic Adoration and Confession contribute to the spiritual growth of participants.
- Broaden your peer group. Students come to Seeds of Hope from across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Many remain in contact long after the week-long program. Seeds of Hope alumni events help maintain those connections and broaden your perspectives even further.
- Have fun. It's not all workshops and seminars. The lake, hiking trails and challenge obstacle course offer ample opportunities for recreation. Whether it's roasting marshmallows by a fire or taking the boat out on the lake, there is plenty to do in your down time.
WHO is invited to participate in Seeds of Hope?
Young women entering their sophomore, junior or senior years of high school and recent high school graduates who want to:
- Develop their leadership potential
- Collaborate with peers from across the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Take action to address the issues about which they are passionate
- Explore their faith as a source of strength and clarity
WHAT will I do at Seeds of Hope?
Participants will be divided into two tracks. Rising high school seniors and recent high school graduates will have access to workshops, seminars and activities geared toward their particular concerns and needs at this transitional point in their education and development. At Seeds of Hope, all participants will:
- Build leadership skills through interactive, engaging workshops led by successful professional women and peer mentors
- Establish relationships with successful professional women who will mentor you beyond the week-long conference
- Explore your spirituality through the celebration of daily Mass, adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Reconciliation
- Serve those in need during the week and develop a service project to implement in your community
- Share fun recreational activities with peers, including boating, hiking, swimming, a challenge course and more
- Experience self-reflection in the form of prayer, meditation, journaling and peer-guided discussion
WHAT is the cost to participate in Seeds of Hope?
Participants pay a fee of $100, which includes all meals, programming and lodging. It is the desire of the Felician Sisters that finances not hinder any young woman from participating in Seeds of Hope. Scholarships to cover the cost of travel and payment plans are available upon request.
WHERE is Seeds of Hope held?
The Felician Sisters host Seeds of Hope at the Maryville Retreat Center in Holly, Michigan (about an hour outside of Detroit). The Center sits on 240 acres along Lake Elliott and features a chapel, comfortable rooms with private showers, a dining hall, outdoor challenge course and hiking trails. All participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation to Seeds of Hope, however transportation scholarships are available.
HOW do I apply to Seeds of Hope?
The Seeds of Hope application process includes the submission of an application form, contact information for two references, a student resume of activities and a letter of interest. Click here for instructions for submitting your online application. Applications must be received by May 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about participating in the Seeds of Hope Felician Youth Leadership Conference, please contact program outreach coordinator Caroline Stanfill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-650-7936.