Seeds of Hope Participants
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Seeds of Hope Youth Leadership Conference! Please read the information below to learn more about our program.
WHEN is Seeds of Hope held?
Seeds of Hope 2021 will be held virtually from July 8-10, 2021, from 5:00 - 8:30 pm (EDT).
WHY should I attend Seeds of Hope?
Seeds of Hope is a unique leadership program that seeks to empower young women to be leaders in the world today. Benefits of participating in Seeds of Hope include the opportunity to:
- Build your resume. Participants will earn documented hours of community service and leadership training. Students will also have an independent service project to put on their college and job applications.
- Build a network of support. Each participant is matched with a successful professional woman who will act as a mentor for the student for a period of one year.
- Grow spiritually. Exploration of different forms of prayer and meditation and access to women religious and peer mentors contribute to the spiritual growth of participants.
- Broaden your peer group. Students from across the United States, Canada and Mexico participate in Seeds of Hope. Many remain in contact long after the week-long program. Seeds of Hope alumni events help maintain those connections and broaden your perspectives even further.
WHO is invited to participate in Seeds of Hope?
Young women entering their sophomore, junior or senior years of high school and recent high school graduates who want to:
- Develop their leadership potential
- Collaborate with peers from across the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Take action to address the issues about which they are passionate
- Explore their faith as a source of strength and clarity
WHAT will I do at Seeds of Hope?
At Seeds of Hope, participants will:
- Build leadership skills through interactive, engaging workshops led by successful professional women and peer mentors
- Establish relationships with successful professional women who will mentor you beyond the week-long conference
- Explore their spirituality
- Develop a service project to implement in their communities
- Share fun activities with peers
- Experience self-reflection in the form of prayer, meditation, journaling and peer-guided discussion
WHAT is the cost to participate in Seeds of Hope?
Participants pay a fee of $25.
It is the desire of the Felician Sisters that finances not hinder any young woman from participating in Seeds of Hope, therefore scholarships are available upon request.
WHERE is Seeds of Hope held?
Seeds of Hope 2021 will be held virtually.
HOW do I apply to Seeds of Hope?
The Seeds of Hope application process includes the submission of an application form, contact information for two references, a student resume of activities and a letter of interest. Click here for instructions for submitting your online application. Applications must be received by June 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about participating in the Seeds of Hope Youth Leadership Conference, please contact program outreach coordinator Caroline Stanfill at email@example.com or 724-650-7936.