Felician Volunteers in Mission are committed to being a transformational presence to those in need. Volunteers pray, minister, and live simply in right relationship with one another and creation. They share their talents and resources with compassion, mercy, and joy in the spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi and Blessed Mary Angela, Foundress of the Felician Sisters.
Felician Volunteers in Mission is a venture of laity with Felician Sisters to cooperate with Christ in the spiritual renewal of the world. We do this in solidarity with our brothers and sisters who are poor or marginalized both in the United States and internationally. Volunteers live Gospel values in community in both long-term and short-term missions. We witness Felician spirituality as we serve others without discrimination and challenge unjust structures.
Types of Experiences
Felician Volunteers in Mission offers:
- Short-term volunteer immersion experiences (7-10 days) both in the U.S. and abroad
- Long-term (1+ years) volunteer experiences both in the U.S. and abroad
In order to be eligible to participate in the Felician Volunteers in Mission, you must:
- Be an adult over 18 years old
- Be adaptable to new situations
- Desire to live simply
- Be willing to participate meaningfully in a Catholic environment
- Have good mental and physical health
- Have an adventurous spirit
- Desire to serve in a mission as a member of a community
- Have an openness to varied forms of prayer
- Complete the application, reference forms, health forms, and interview process
For more information about how you can partner with us through the Felician Volunteers in Mission program, please contact Caroline Stanfill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-650-7936.